Are you renovating your kitchen? Of course, you would want an updated kitchen that goes with the current technology and the aesthetics. Involvement of technology everywhere in your life is crucial to make every task easy and less time consuming. With technology, you would definitely want a beautiful finish.
Wouldn’t you want a sleek shiny look of your home? Appliances can make your house sleek and shiny too. In many countries, we have seen electrical devices come fixed in the place, and hobs are one such device.
Hobs are to a great extent similar to your regular gas stove with some features different from them. We will look in detail at how they are different and why you should get one, and the safety measures you must take around them. But first, in this article, we will look at the best hob in India.
Best Hob in India 2022 – Top Lists.
Getting a hob is a technological enhancement in your home, so do not take it lightly and do your proper research. In the case of research, we can help you with that. We present to you the list of the best hob in India.
- Stainless steel body to avoid any rust and toughened glass to give a shiny look.
- Three burner to ensure faster cooking
- One year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Brass burner to give optimum conduction and heal for faster cooking.
- Sturdy vessel support.
It is manufactured by Hindware or HSIL, a pretty popular and trusted brand by the Indians. Hindware Nora 3B 60cm Stainless Steel Hob is a three burner hob. Well, it can be used as a hob and as a stove; that is, it is a hybrid design.
Hence it is pretty suitable for already built houses that just want to keep it on the kitchen counter and also for houses who wish to install a hob directly to the kitchen counter. It is a stainless steel body and toughened glass to give you a sleek shiny look.
In the Hindware Nora 3B 60cm steel Hob package, you will receive the built-in hob, accessories, user manual sheet, and cut-out layout sheet.
- Cooking will be less time consuming as Hindware Nora 3B 60cm Stainless Steel HOB is a three burner hob.
- It can be used as a regular stove as well as a mounted hob.
- Brass burner is a good conductor.
- You might find it a little pricey.
- Four burner hob so you can cook more items in one go.
- Heat resistant toughened glass.
- Brass burner to distribute heat equally and fast.
- Skid proof legs to be kept on the counter but can also be mounted onto the counter.
The iBELL brand might not be as famous as many other brands, but the products are worth giving a try. iBELL 590GH Hob is a four-burner hob with a sturdy design. It has an auto-ignition system, so you just have to turn the knob to get the flame and won’t even get heated by the flame. No lighter hassle is involved.
The body is built with heat resistant toughened glass, so you do not have to worry about the heating of the glass. It is highly durable for long cooking durations. iBELL 590GH Hob deserves to be on the ‘best hob in India’ list because of its affordability, sleekness, and sturdiness.
- iBELL 590GH Hob is pretty cost effective.
- Heat resistant toughened glass body to ensure that the hob does not get affected by the heat.
- Brass burners provide brilliant conduction.
- The installation support might not be available.
- Four burner hob.
- One year manufacturer’s warranty and a five year warranty on burners and European valves.
- Heat resistant knobs for long cooking durations.
- Italian SABAF burners.
- Easy and safe to clean.
- It can be kept on the kitchen counter or be mounted on it.
Faber Hob/ Hobtop is a sleek, stylish, and efficient four-burner hob. It consists of two small and two medium-size burners with sturdy pan support. Even if you place heavy vessels, Faber Hob/ Hobtop can still easily handle the weight.
The body is made of toughened glass and is fitted with Italian SABAF burners. It is electrically ignition type and is battery operated. Faber hob/ hob top has a hybrid design. It can be used on kitchen counters and can also be mounted.
The knobs are of excellent quality, and the product comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty and five years of warranty on burners and European valves.
- Four burners with optimum space for the vessels.
- Sturdy pan support.
- Affordable price for a good quality product.
- Long warranty durations.
- The burner’s colour might fade out.
- Multi-ring four-burner hob.
- Hybrid design can be mounted as well as kept on the kitchen counter for regular use.
- Ten years of warranty on toughened glass and five years of warranty on brass burners and gas valves.
- Heat resistant knobs.
Whirlpool is highly trusted in India due to its excellent quality products. This quality is well maintained in Whirlpool’s hob, which brought it to India’s list of the best hob.
Whirlpool Hob(Elite Hybrid 704 MT Brass Gas Hob) is a multi-ring, four burner hob. So in family or friends gatherings, you do not have to worry about long cooking hours as you have the facility of four burners at once.
It is gas-powered, has heat-resistant knobs, and is exceptionally suitable for Indian cooking with a body made of glass. The warranty is quite long, ten years of warranty on toughened glass and five years on brass burners and gas valves. Isn’t that amazing?
- Long warranty periods.
- Brass burner for good conduction.
- Auto ignition hob/ gas stove.
- Cheaper products are available in the market.
- CNG connection facility not available.
- Four burners, two small and two medium sizes.
- Toughened glass body to give a premium sleek and shiny look.
- It supports LPG but can be converted into PNG.
- Bakelite knobs and sturdy pan support.
- Hybrid design can serve as a hob and as a gas stove.
Glen 1074 SQ is a four burner auto ignition hob. It has brass burners for better conductivity and two rings to suit Indian cooking styles. The toughened glass body of Glen 1074 SQ is the most premium looking part. It can be used as a hob as well for regular use placed on the countertop.
Since Glen 1074 is an auto-ignition type and requires a power supply of 230-240 V Alternating Current(AC) supply. The warranty period is two years.
- It can be converted into PNG but on a chargeable basis.
- The service is excellent.
- Four burners are available, so you can cook multiple things at once.
- A little on the pricey side.
- 4 Italian burner hob.
- Side knobs to ensure easy access.
- Autoignition and beautiful design.
Bosch is trusted all over the world and in India as well for its excellent quality products. Bosch Built-in Gas Hob POH6B6B10I is the most beautiful hob on this list of the best hob in India. It is a four-burner, black glass base hob. The body is made of alloy steel and glass.
The knobs are on the side to ensure more accessible access to them while cooking. It supports single handed ignition, which means it is auto-ignition. You do not have to use a lighter or a match stick; you can just turn the knob to get hot flames to start with cooking delicious dishes.
Bosch Built-in Gas Hob POH6B6B10I comes with a sensor flame failure device. The flame failure device stops the flammable gas from reaching the burners once the flame is extinguished.
- Four brass burners hob for better conductivity and cooking more things at once.
- Beautiful design and looks elegant.
- One of the most trusted brands.
- A little too costly.
- It might require some extra maintenance effort.
- Four jumbo burners to cook multiple dishes faster.
- Toughened glass body for a beautiful look and efficiency.
- Heat resistant and auto-ignition knobs.
- Two years of warranty on the product.
Green chef GHT Hob is a black, aesthetic looking glass hob. It has four high efficiency jumbo burners with a heavy duty sturdy pan support. So when guests come over, huge quantities and multiple dishes can be cooked at once without worrying about the hob.
The Knobs are heat resistant and auto-ignition, so you will not get your hand burnt on the knobs during long cooking periods. With the sturdy pan support, Greenchef GHT Hob can handle any type of vessel.
- Easy to clean cooktop.
- Heavy-duty sturdy pan support.
- Trusted brand.
- You might find it a little pricey.
- Four heavy brass burners.
- One three ring burner and two double ring burners.
- 8mm toughened glass layer.
- Warranty and professional installation facility available.
Blowout Majesty Hob is an elegant three burner hob. It has a layer of 8mm toughened glass to give strength and a sleek look. It has three heavy brass burners, one triple ring burner, and two double-ring burners. The hob is battery operated auto-ignition type with backlit knobs to go a step further with elegance.
The hob is installed with silicon safety pads so that water does not get into the hob. You can get it professionally installed if you contact the company within 24-48 hours of purchase, and registration will help you with the warranty.
- Warranty available.
- Heavy burners and sturdy pan support.
- Great customer service.
- Cheaper options are available in the market.
- Schott glass with German technology.
- Golden four brass burners.
- Autoignition and cast iron support.
- Lifetime warranty.
Prestige Gold Hobtop is a beautiful, sleek black four-burner hob top. The series is Gold, so the burners are golden in colour, made of brass, and the components are from SABAF Italy. It has a layer of SCHOTT Glass with German Technology, so the glass is pretty tough.
It has a sturdy cast iron pan support and is auto-ignition. Prestige Gold Hobtop is pretty easy, safe to clean, and highly durable. Guess the best part? It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Four brass burners for better conductivity and faster cooking.
- Glass layer for that sleek look.
- A little pricey.
- It has toughened glass top for a beautiful look.
- Four brass burners, so the conductivity is excellent and time effective.
- Ten years of warranty on toughened glass and five years on brass burners and gas valves.
- Heat resistant knobs.
Yes, we are back with another Whirlpool hon on this list of the best hob in India since it is one of the best hobs in India. Whirlpool Hob(Elite HD 604 Brass Gas Hob) is a four brass burner hob with excellent capacity to run for a long time. It is built with sixth sense technology.
It has a toughened glass top to go with your houses’ aesthetic. Since Whirlpool is a pretty trusted brand, you can trust this product for years to come. Ten years of warranty on toughened glass and five years on brass burners and gas valves are available and trustable customer care.
- Long period of warranty.
- Brass burners for better conductivity.
- Beautiful and aesthetic look.
- It can get a little heavy on the pockets compared to other brands.
Why get a Hob?
So would someone get a hob or choose a hob over a traditional gas stove. There are plenty of reasons we can give you for that.
First of all, the hobs are designed to fit in the kitchen counter and as well to be used as a regular gas stove. So if you are currently residing in a house, you can use it as a traditional gas stove. And if you are getting your kitchen renovated or getting a new home built, you can fit the hob directly into the kitchen counter.
Maintaining a traditional gas stove can get pretty tricky as the whole body of the gas stove is above the surface and is prone to get dust and dirt stuck to it. On the other hand, Hobs only the top layer is on the surface, which makes it easier to clean and maintain.
The installation of traditional gas stoves is done mainly by ourselves as it is not considered difficult with practice. But with hobs, you can get professional help. It does require some wirework, but you do not have to worry about it once done.
Traditional gas stoves mostly come with those lighters, which soon lose the ability to the burners in one go. And as a result, you have to switch to matchsticks with them lying around your house everywhere. Hobs are generally auto-ignition type, be it battery operated or run by a power supply. With hobs, you can forget the hassle of lighters and matchsticks. Just rotate the knobs, and you have your hot flames.
How to Take Care of Hobs?
Now that you have gone through the list of best hobs in India, let us look at how to take care of your favourite hobs and ensure their long life. Follow these measures to have a smooth use of hobs for a long time.
- Avoid placing hot vessels directly on the hob’s glass. Most hobs have the capability to bear the heat, but it is your responsibility to give it a long and smooth life, so avoid doing that.
- Do not use harsh materials like steel scrubs and scrappers on the hob. Sometimes when not cleaned for a long time, Hobbs can get really dirty, and you might be forced to use harsh material on it. So make sure you clean your hob regularly with a soft wet cloth.
- Yes, most hobs do support heavy vessels but try to avoid placing large and heavy vessels on the hob that is not suitable for the load.
- Before you clean the hob, wait for it to cool down. Do not try to clean it when it is hot.
- Do not use vessels that cover the flame, such as tandoor or Baati vessels.
How is a Hob Different from a Gas Stove?
As said before, hobs and gas stoves share a lot of similar quality, and what makes them different is included in their technological and mobility aspects.
Why did we say the mobility aspect? The answer is simple. The main difference between a gas stove and a hob is that a gas stove can be taken from place to place, but a hob is fixed at a specific place and cannot be removed with simple actions.
And now let us understand the technological aspects. Unlike a gas stove, a hob has multiple features that include alarms and sensors to tell you that you have overcooked your meal or perhaps have burnt it. You can control the layer of flames that the burners will give out. Hobs come in multiple varieties, fire-based and electrical. There are a number of benefits hobs provide over traditional gas stoves.
We have provided you with a list of the ten best hobs in India. You may choose the one that suits you the best. The hobs mentioned above are the ones with the best quality and tested reviews so that you can trust them with your money.
A few reasons you should choose a hob over a gas stove include its technology, design, maintenance, and many more aspects. Choosing a hob over a traditional gas stove can make your life so much easier in a lot of ways. But once you get one, make sure you take care of it to give a longer life. And do not forget to cook tasty dishes for you, your family, and friends every day on your new hob, the best hob in india!